Preparation: 10 minutes PROCESSING: 40 seconds YIELD:10 waffles
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour, preferably home made
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt3 large eggs
- 1½ cups (360 ml) skim milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons (40 g) unsalted butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and stir lightly. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, milk, bananas, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 6. Blend for20 seconds.
- Stop the machine and remove the lid. Add the flour mixture and secure the lid. Select Variable 1.Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 6. Blend for 20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- For best texture and flavor, let the batter sit for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Pour the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the waffle maker indicates they are ready.
Amount per waffle:
calories 170, total fat 6g, saturated fat 3g, cholesterol 65mg, sodium 420mg, total carbohydrate 25g, dietary fiber 3g, sugars 5g, protein 7g