These nutty breakfast crepes are wonderfully adaptable. Fill the cooked crepes with your favoritesweet or savory filling, depending on your mood and the contents of your pantry. Cooked crepes keep,covered, in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Preparation : 10 minutes plus resting time PROCESSING TIME: 25 seconds YIELD:8 large crepes
3 large eggs
½ cup (120ml) low-fat (1%) milk
2 teaspoons canola oil
¾ cup (90g) whole wheat flour, preferably homemade
¼ cup (31g) unbleached all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup (120 ml) seltzer water
- Place the eggs, milk, canola oil, flours, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10,then to High. Blend for 25 seconds, until smooth. Stop the machine, remove the lid, and scrape the sides of the container as needed.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, whisk the seltzer water into the batter.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Ladle ¼ cup (60ml) to ⅓ cup (80ml) batter into the center of the pan and immediately tilt and rotate the pan to spread the batter evenly over the bottom. Cook until the underside is lightly browned,30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip the crepe and cook until lightly browned on the second side, about 20seconds.
Amount per serving: calories 100, total fat 3.5g, saturated fat 1g, cholesterol 70mg, sodium 105mg, total carbohydrate 12g, dietary fiber 1g, sugars 1g, protein 5g