This marigold-orange soup will brighten even the dreariest of days. The mellow sweetness of the carrots and parsnips is brightened by the warm spice of the fresh ginger. With the aid of your Vitamix blender, the soup will have the silky smooth texture of a restaurant-made soup too!
10 minutes PROCESSING:8 minutes YIELD:5 cups (1.2 liters)
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (380 g) chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup (50 g) chopped parsnips3 cups (720 ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 thin slice (5 g) fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Place the olive oil, carrots, onion, parsnips, broth, ginger, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 8 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve garnished with the chives.
Amount per 1 cup (240 ml) serving: calories 120, total fat 9g, saturated fat 1g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 370mg, total carbohydrate 11g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 5 g, protein 1g