A creamy, dairy-free sorbet for a hot summer day or a midwinter ice cream craving. Scoop this sweet treat into a cone or serve in a dish with sliced fruit and toasted sliced almonds.
Preparation: 10 minutes PROCESSING: 45 seconds YIELD: 5 cups (1.2 liters)
- 1 pound (680 g) frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons (45 ml) honey
- Let the peaches sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- Place the yogurt, vanilla, peaches, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. In about 45 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and 4 mounds should form in the mixture. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Amount per ½ cup(120 ml) serving: calories 70, total fat 1 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 0 mg, total carbohydrate 13 g, dietary fiber 1 g, sugars 11 g, protein 2g