Bright green and delightfully bubbly, this sparkler gives you a new and enchanting way to drink your vegetables. Using almost all of a lemon here—the zest and the fruit, but not the bitter pith—gives you bright citrus flavor.
15 minutes PROCESSING:45 seconds YIELD:3 servings
- ¼ cup (60 ml) still water
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1 celery stalk, halved2½ cups (70 g) spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons (7 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup (120 ml) ice cubes
- ⅓ to ⅔ cup (80 to 160 ml) sparkling water
- Place all the ingredients except the sparkling water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable10, then to High. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Divide among 3 glasses and top with sparkling water.
Amount per 1 cup serving: calories 35, total fat 0g, saturated fat 0g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 55mg, total carbohydrate 10g, dietary fiber 3g, sugars 3g, protein 2g