Hungry for a healthy meal but short on time? Drop the soup base ingredients into your Vitamix and let it do its magic while you cut up cooked chicken, slice a jalapeño and some olives, and get out tortilla chips. In 15 minutes, you have a steaming hot, vegetable-packed soup, and dinner is served!
15 minutes PROCESSING:6 to 7 minutes YIELD:5 cups (1.2 liters)
- 3 cups (720 ml) low-sodium chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma (plum) tomato, halved
- 1 medium carrot, halved
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- One ¼- to ½-inch-thick slice onion1 garlic clove, peeled
- One ¼- to ½-inch-thick slice yellow squash
- One ¼- to ½-inch-thick slice red bell pepper
- One ¼- to ½-inch-thick slice cabbage
- 1 white button mushroom Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning Dash of ground cumin
- ½ cup (70 g) cooked chicken
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- ¼ cup (30 g) sliced olives
- ¼ cup (50 g) no-salt-added canned corn, drained
- 1 ounce (28 g) tortilla chips
1. For the soup base: Place all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 6 to 7 minutes, until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
2. If adding optional ingredients, reduce the speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Through the lid plug opening, drop in the chicken, jalapeño, olives, corn, and/or chips and blend for an additional10 seconds.
Amount per 1 cup (240 ml) serving (with optional ingredients): calories 90, total fat 2.5g, saturated fat 0g, cholesterol 10 mg,sodium 190mg, total carbohydrate 10g, dietary fiber 2 g, sugars 2g, protein 8g